About Dan Manley
Dan Manley brings over forty-two years experience, domestic and international, in petroleum production operations, including drilling, production, reservoir management, purchase acquisitions, reserve reporting, revenue forecasting, budgeting, waterflood performance, evaluations, workovers, stimulation, cementing and treatment design and supervision.
His achievements are:
- Drilling Superintendent – Forest Oil Corporation. Active Western Region Contract Drilling Superintendent. Managing all drilling, planning budgeting and execution of drilling operations for the Western Region.
- Project Management Amoco Production Company. As a special projects engineer initiated and managed the drilling of 60-80 wells per year in the Greater Green River Basin – including 4 drilling rigs running simultaneously in the southwestern portion of Wyoming from 1994 to 1996.
- Horizontal Drilling – Amoco Production Company. Planned, designed and drilled the first horizontal well in the Anshutz Ranch East Field. A 16,000’ re-entry, horizontal, underbalanced test of the Nugget Formation.
- International Operations: Managed and directed the engineering and geological departments of a $17,000,000 a year secondary recovery project in East Kalimantan Indonesia.
- International Finance: Implemented and provided engineering analysis, including production and financial forecasts for a $45,000,000 loan development project with Pertamina (Indonesian National Oil Company).
- International Purchase Acquisitions: Provided engineering analysis, due diligence report, financial report and operations analysis for a $30,000,000 purchase acquisition for a Canadian Oil & Gas Company.
- Personnel Management: Five years Regional Operations Manager directing the Rocky Mountain Regional office, including all engineering, field and office personnel for the largest independent oil company in the USA.
- Drilling: Provided field supervisory expertise in the drilling of wells in six states including four field discoveries, development drilling, directional drilling, deep high pressure drilling, for both independent and major oil companies.
- Completion: Completed the two deepest producing wells in the Rocky Mountains, involving 11.5% H2S and 19.5% CO2 with 425 degree bottom hole temperatures at a depth of 24,000 feet. Required special CRA tubulars, wellhead equipment and environmental/evacuation considerations.
- Legal: Provided expert witness testimony involving oil and gas drilling and production operations, where financial or personal injury was involved.
- Production: Lead engineer in a 50,000 barrel of oil a day secondary recovery project involving 180,000 barrels a day of water injection.
His experience is:
- President and Owner of Manley & McAdam, Inc., Consulting Petroleum Engineers from February 1994 to Present.
- President and Owner of Manley Petroleum Engineering Consultants International from February 1985 to 1994.
- Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual budgets with comparison of actual versus budget reports to management.
- Hired and supervised engineers, production clerks, administrative staff and field supervisors.
- Executed all contracts, supervised and coordinated field performance for contract compliance including materials acquisition, third party quotes and services, including coding, approval and payment of invoices.
- Dealt directly and continuously with drilling contractors, contractors, service companies and other working interest owners and engineers.
UNITIZATION AND SECONDARY RECOVERY:
- Served on Engineering Technical and Management Committee Boards in the formation and installation of Secondary Recovery Units.
- Worked directly with the Bureau of Land Management, Minerals Management Service, USGS, National Forest Service, Environmental Protective Agency, Texas Railroad Commission and other Federal and State Regulatory Agencies in the unitization and daily operations of properties operating on government controlled lands.
- Presented Engineering Seminar on Squeeze Cementing Applications to the Rocky Mountain Regional Section of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Presented Course on Petroleum Engineering to students at Eastern Montana College of Education.
- President of Regional Section of Society of Petroleum Engineers. Presided at Rocky Mountain Regional Meeting held in Billings, Montana.
- Author of SPE Technical